Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thursday, September 3 - no weigh-in

I visited Mom at BMC last night and by the time I got home, it was too late to get over to WW to weigh-in, so you'll just have to remain in suspense until next week to find out how much I've lost. Yes, I'm saying "lost" and not "gained" because I plan on staying positive about losing weight from now on. (Let's see how long that lasts.)

I think I need to start taking notes during the day. Yesterday I walked up to Borders and was thinking about today's post and had some really good ideas of things to post and now, I haven't got a clue what those were. Guess I'll have to wing it today.

First, let me just say that Mom seems to be doing well. She was out of a bed and in a chair when I got there. She was just Mom. She did wince a little when she moved, but that's to be expected after surgery. She said she wasn't really in pain, but felt a bit of pressure and she seemed to be breathing just fine. (She had part of a lung removed, so the ability to breathe normally is important.) So for those who were wondering, so far she's doing well. I'll be heading back over there after work today.

Now back to my weight loss / get in shape plan. It's supposed to be a gorgeous day today, so I plan on getting out and walking again at lunch. This will be a real walk, not a walk to Borders. I'll be walking along the Rose Kennedy Greenway. It's a great place to walk in Boston. I have to say, the Big Dig took forever, but at least the end result with the Greenway is gorgeous. I think my goal right now is to walk at least 3 days per week, so don't let me slack off on that. I'm also hoping that with the cooler weather coming and hopefully the other areas of my life calming down again, that I'll be able to get out at night to walk over to the school and walk on the track again.

I need to get walking sooner rather than later since that JDRF Walk is coming up. (Would love to have some of you join me at the walk or I'd love to take some $$ off your hands in the form of a donation to JDRF.) I was hoping to actually run part of it too, but we'll see. If I don't get back to the track soon, I'm afraid that may not happen.

Ok, looks like it's time to get to work. Catch you all again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment