Thursday, September 24, 2009

OT - It's not Rocket Science

I should start another blog just about all the people I see throughout the day. Now that would be entertaining.

I went out at lunch to buy a card for my niece's birthday. She'll be 16 next week. I'm not sure how that happened exactly (yes, I understand she was born in 1993, which was 16 years ago, but I can't figure out where those 16 years went), but I swear it was just last week that I was 16.

Anyway, I go to this great little shop, Copley Flair and wind up spending $25 on cards. What started as 1 ended up being 6 and 2 of them were extra special. Of course, when I was there I realized I needed a birthday card for my Mom too. Her birthday is 2 days after my niece's.

So nothing exciting happened at the card store or on the walk back to my office, but then I walk in the front door and head to the security screener. It's just like the airport. You take everything out of your pockets, put it in the little tray, put the tray and any bags you have on the belt and it goes through the scanner. The only difference is, you don't take off your shoes. Sounds easy enough, right? Apparently not.

I walk in and there is a guy standing there emptying his pockets. I'm not sure exactly how he was able to walk with all the stuff he was pulling out of his pockets. I think the security guard's eyes were going to pop out of his head with how many times this guy stuck his hand back in and pulled something else out. And he is totally oblivious to the line forming behind him. Finally he finishes and starts to walk away, at which point the guard had to call him back and tell him to put the tray on the belt or it wasn't going anywhere. Geesh dude! Then it's off through the people screener. Thankfully, he didn't set that off.

I go through and I'm happy to say, I've never set the thing off. Not once. I reach around the guy and grab my purse. He's now got to spend 15 minutes putting all the junk back in his pockets. I hop on an elevator and get back up to my office. I stop and talk to the receptionist and a few minutes later, in walks the guy from downstairs - Mr. 40lb pants. Oh geesh! Sure am glad he wasn't coming to see me or one of my people.

So that was today's little adventuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment