Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stress!!

I've been disappointed in my lack of weight loss, but after talking to my WW leader, she commended me on being able to maintain given all the stress I've been under.

People think my life is a bit stressful anyway and they don't know how I deal with working 2 jobs, but I've gotten accustomed to that. But now with Mom's surgeries, cancer diagnosis and impending chemo/radiation - the stress level just skyrocketed. I know that Mom is the one going through all of this, but I feel an added burden because I'm the only one of her kids who lives locally. She doesn't have any other family or friends (except Dad) who can be there for her and Dad doesn't exactly handle this kind of thing well. He can be an added stress. But I can't always be there. I live locally, but locally is 45 minutes away. And I have to work. I can't afford to be out for any length of time and I really can't afford to quit my 2nd job right now either. I've thought about it but it's just not possible.

So, is the stress keeping me from losing weight? Quite possibly. But I've been pushing myself to get out and walk at lunch several times a week. I think I need it for my mental health too. Just to escape. There are days that I just want to cry for hours - but so far I haven't even found the time to do that.

Losing 50 by 40 is looking like a very daunting task. If I can't start to put up some real loss numbers soon, I suspect that I'm not going to make it. We may have to change the title to 25 by 40.

No comments:

Post a Comment