Tuesday, September 8, 2009

How do you spell "bedonkadonk"?

Sunday morning I did go walking at the track. I walked from the house to the school, which is about 1/2 mile, then 4 laps around the track (1 mile) and back home again. It felt good. My plan is to increase the number of laps every week or so and add in some actual running on the track too - sort of like interval training.

After I got home from my walk and showered/changed, it was off to do the a little shopping.

First stop: Kohl's. I had some Kohl's cash that my MIL had given to me and I'd seen this cute pair of pants when we were there a few weeks ago, so I went to check them out. We can wear black denim at the shoe store now, so I thought I'd look for a pair. And this pair I'd seen, I couldn't tell the first time if they were black or blue. After taking a closer look, I'd describe them as "ink blue". Very dark, but not black.

I found some other black jeans and tried them on. It wasn't pretty. Basically, none of them are made for a woman with JLo's butt. Ok, so I'm not as skinny as JLo anyway, but when I get skinny, I'm sure people will confuse me for her. (Ok, so my pale pasty skin might be another dead giveaway, but a girl can draem.) Anyway, I swear, there is a good 6 inches between my waist and my hiney. That's a lot of real estate. And because of this, there was a gap the size of the Grand Canyon between my waist and the waistband of all these jeans I tried on. Now I do own jeans, so I know there are some out there that will fit my larger than life derriere, I just have to find them.

Next stop - the grocery store, where I bought way too many snacks. I can control myself most of the time, but I really shouldn't be left home alone. Yesterday wasn't the best day when it came to eating. I tend to snack a lot more when I'm home.

Speaking of the grocery store, what is with the produce these days? It's awful. It takes an hour to find an edible piece of fruit. Seriously, I think I'm going to start splurging and just get my produce at Whole Foods. I know I'll be paying more, but at least I won't be throwing it away two days later because it's just rotten.

Yesterday I did go walking at the track again. Again, walked to and from and did 4 laps. But this time, I actually ran 1/4 of a lap during my middle two laps. Sure, it's not a lot, but for a girl who doesn't run even run for the bathroom, that was a marathon. Maybe if I run more, my backside will fall off. Again, a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment