Thursday, September 10, 2009

Plus One!

206. Yep, I gained a pound. I won't make excuses, but I know that part of that is because I probably should have visited the little girl's room before the weigh-in. But, if I'd been paying attention and doing what I was supposed to do the last week or so, I wouldn't have had any gain. I probably shouldn't have had those cupcakes last week, or the cake and ice cream, or the fried clams and clam cakes. Yep, as you can see, I didn't eat the healthiest. But it was a stressful week and I just didn't put in the effort.

So this is a new week and I have to start fresh. I do have a splurge planned for this weekend, but that's what those extra 35 points are for. And maybe if I plan ahead, I'll be less likely to mess up on regular days. That's my thought process anyway. We'll have to see how that works out.

I am going to walk at lunch today. And with the cooler temps, my plan is to walk at least 3 days a week during lunch. And I need to start walking at home when I can too. I should commit to at least Monday night. My husband did say that he's going to walk with me, but we'll see how that goes. He always says he will but then when I ask him to join me, he says he's too tired or some other excuse. So we will see!

Someone suggested to me that I try South Beach, and while I appreciate suggestions, tips, recipes, etc., I have to say that I don't think it's going to work for me. I tried it a few years back and couldn't keep up with it. I personally don't believe in cutting out any food group. I have to be realistic. I'm going to be eating for the rest of my life. Food is always going to be a big part of my life. And I love bread. So I know that I can't cut it out, even for a short period of time. I have cut back on bread and I'm very picky about the bread that I eat now - opting for whole grains most of the time, I know I'll never be able to give it up. I also love pasta. Why do you think I married an Italian? Love, you say...yeah, love of pasta and Italian food. (I'm kidding, but believe me, I do get excited when we're planning a visit with his family, especially an event that involves food. It's a good thing they live 200 miles away or I'd be gaining 50 by 40 instead of losing it.

Today's goals: load up on fruits and veggies. Walking! Let's see if I can hit 15,000+ steps today. Working at the store tonight should help get those extra steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment