Saturday, September 26, 2009

Life is what happens when you're making plans.

My Dad always said that when I was growing up. It always bugged me, but it's true. My plan had been to focus on losing weight and getting in shape before my 40th birthday and then...my Mom got sick and we found out it was cancer. So now I'm stressed and focused on keeping her spirits up and working 2 jobs and trying to pay the bills...and I'm just not eating the way I should and I'm not getting in the workouts that I'd wanted to. It's just not easy.

The good news is that at least I'm not gaining anything. And for the last three days, someone has said that I look like I've really lost a lot. The truth is, the numbers on the scale haven't really changed and I haven't lost anything since May.

But it really feels good when people are telling me that they see a difference. Just that little bit of reinforcement helps.

So...try to say something nice to someone today. It will make you both feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment