Thursday, October 1, 2009

$%%@^) $#%!#_)% &**&_)@34

Aarrgghhh! Up 1 lb yesterday. This is just so frustrating. I don't overeat. I know I don't, so I don't understand why I'm not having any luck at WW and why I haven't lost anything since May.

At the meeting last night, I saw one of the other members walk in with a bottle of Diet Coke and it got me thinking. First, from everything I've read, diet soda is even worse for you than regular soda. While it doesn't have the sugar that regular soda does, it has so many chemicals that it will eat the paint off a car. Imagine what that is doing to your insides? ICK!

I've also heard stories about people who have dropped huge amounts of weight when they stopped drinking soda. Well I quit drinking soda almost 2 years ago and I never saw any significant drop in weight. Any weight I did lose was attributed to the overall change in my diet and exercise. Why can't I lose 20 lbs just by giving up soda? And it's not like I replaced it with something else. I drink water all day long. Seriously. Plain water most of the time, but other times it's unsweetened tea. It's just so frustrating.

And while I know I'm not counting points religiously, I'm right around where I should be. I'm not going way over or way under even. And I even earn 3-4 extra points on average per day because of my walking. This is just so frustrating.

So today I measured my waist. I want to see if there is a change there that is maybe not being reflected on the scale. Today my waist measured 39 1/4 inches. (Yep, I did it again. I broke the taboo and now I've not only posted my weight and my age online - but my waist size! I know there are people everywhere who are going into shock over this.)

So now we get to track measurements too. That doesn't help my 50 by 40 plan, but maybe it will make me feel better if I see some actual changes in my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment