Wednesday, October 21, 2009

One kind word can make a world of difference!

Sometimes, all it takes is just one comment to change your mood. Lucky for me, there have been so many positive comments lately. Ok, so they're not just comments, but compliments.

This week, it was one of the girls at work who literally grabbed by arm to whisper "looking good girl." I think I was smiling for the rest of the day.

A few weeks ago, one of the attorneys that I work for said that I'm "disappearing".

I know that these few little words really made me feel good and they help keep me going. It makes me realize that even if I don't see big numbers dropping on the scale, I am making changes and people are noticing. So even though I'm still trying to love 50 lbs, I do realize that it's not just about the numbers. Or maybe it's all about the numbers. My clothes are getting smaller. That's a number. I'm losing inches. That's another number. Hopefully I'll live longer, lower my cholesterol and my blood pressure...all numbers. I guess it really is all about the numbers.

So tonight is the weigh-in and I have to admit, I am a little nervous. It's that time of month, so I could be retaining water and I did make a cheesecake over the weekend. I did make it for other people and have only had 2 small pieces myself, and may not have any more. (If I say that I definitely won't, then I'll just want it more so this way, it's a maybe and I won't feel quilty about it if I do. And besides, I've worked it into my points, so I'm not doing any real damage.)

I'm only 1.3 lbs from the 200 mark and while I'd really love to lose 1.5 this week to get below the line, I think I've resigned myself to something more like a .8 loss. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment