Thursday, January 6, 2011

Unhealthy Dieting

It saddens me to see people who try all these fad diets.

Someone I know, who is a little tiny thing (very petite and her waist is about the size of my calf) is doing one of these fads. She says she's making healthy choices, but then she says that she's doing these diet supplement shakes as part of the plan. How is that healthy? It's not teaching you how to eat properly. You need to be able to eat in the real world. She lost weight last week and this week she says she wants to lose 3 lbs. That scares me.

It saddens me that we are an intelligent society and with all of the techonology out there, people are still expecting miracles when it comes to weight loss. We must eat healthier. We need to stop putting chemicals in our bodies. And we need to realize that a shake isn't going to help us to maintain a weight loss or get us on a healthier diet plan. Those shakes might help us lose weight fast, but you'll put it back on even faster once you go back to eating real food again. And what will be the long term effect of those shakes? What exactly are they doing to our insides?

I'm not going to claim to be the healthiest eater, but I'm working on it. One day at a time. There is so much good, healthy food out there. Let's stop killing ourselves with chemicals and fads!

No comments:

Post a Comment