Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Friday!

It's the first Friday of the new year and I think I've done okay in my quest for a healthier me. I've tracked pretty much everything and I've worked out every day so far. I need to make sure I work out over the weekend too. No slacking! We don't get the weekends off.

I'm on call for work tonight and I'm hoping I don't have to go in so I can run tonight. I know, who would have thought I'd ever say I wanted to run? But, if I really want to do the Run to Home Plate in May, I need to get running.

Have you heard of the Run to Home Plate? It is a 9k road race in Boston to raise money to support our local military personnel who are returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. Having family in the military and knowing how stressful it can be to serve overseas makes this an important event to me. And in addition to that, at the end of the race, you get to run across home plate at Fenway Park and as everyone knows, I am a huge baseball fan and the chance to touch home plate at Fenway is just beyond anything I ever thought possible.

I do need to raise $1,000 for the race, so I'm hoping everyone will support me in this...and push me to train so I can do it. A 9k is just over 5 miles. I've never run a full 5k yet (3.1 miles), so I don't know about a 9k, but I have to focus on it. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment