Friday, May 25, 2012

And sometimes, things stay the same

Change is good, but sometimes, things just stay the same.

First, at my weigh-in yesterday, no change.  Same weight as last week.  I guess it's better than a gain, and I'm sure that if I worked out more I wouldn't have stayed the same, but I'll always wish that every week would bring a loss - especially since I only have 1 more weigh-in before vacation.  And that vacation begins with the Chocolate Buffet (YUM), then our anniversary dinner (plus whatever other dining we do in Chicago) and then the graduation party.  I am really going to have to do a lot of walking and make use of the fitness center at the hotel.  I always think I'm going to, but usually go once and that's it.

And speaking of Chicago, I had gotten an email from Hampton Inn about a special that they were running.  So I took a peak and I could get the room for $169 per night, instead of the $199 I booked it at.  The catch was that it had to be paid for in advance and once it was booked, no changes or refunds.  So I was waiting to make sure that nothing came up that would force me to change our reservation and then I was going to re-book it today or something over the weekend.  A $30 per night savings would have been fantastic.  So I go to the website this morning and can't find that rate.  I search for the special and then click through to that hotel and it says that they only had limited availability for the offer and that there is nothing available for our dates.  UGH!  I really wanted that extra $90 in my pocket for the trip.  Oh well...what can I do?  Maybe something else will fall in for me and I'll be able to save some $$ elsewhere.  We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment