Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ch-ch-changes

So last week's WW weigh-in was pretty good.  I was down about a pound and a half.  I will take it.  Still have a long way to go to get back to where I was, plus even further to get to my goal, but at least I'm making some progress.

Another change to me...I cut my hair.  It's above my shoulders and once I get a decent picture with the new 'do, I will post it. 

In other news, vacation is coming up, so I'm getting ready for that trip to Chicago.   Flights are booked and there was a sale last week, so I was able to rebook and have a nice little credit with Southwest now, which I'll be using toward our flight home from Disney in October.  I should be booking that next month.  I can also get a great deal on the hotel, but I'm waiting a little longer before I rebook that because that will require me to pay up front and I won't be able to make any changes or get a refund once it's done.  So I'm waiting until the last possible minute to do that.  It will mean a savings of about $90, which is great.  We also have the Amtrak booked.  I did get a good deal on that, just over $40 for the 2 of us, but the downside is that we won't be on the train the entire way.  Part of the trip will be via bus...about 3+ hours actually.  I'm not really looking forward to that, but hoping for the best.

In Disney planning, we found out that they canceled the Haunted Carriage Rides, which is something we were looking forward to doing on Halloween night.  I'm not sure if we'll try to find something else to do that night or if we'll just "wing it."  I have to look at the bright side...that's $60 I didn't spend.

Oh...and I bought a Kindle Fire.  I'm going to see if I can access the blog from the Fire.  It would be great if I could update it while we're traveling.  Maybe then it would be more updated and not just a bunch of random posts.

Well, if I have any readers...I hope you're all having a great day and with summer just around the corner, here's to warm sunny days!

No comments:

Post a Comment