Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The resurection

With encouragement from my friend Crissy, I am resurecting my blog and taking it in different directions. I will probably still talk about my weight loss journey and still hope to be fit and healthy sooner rather than later, this will also be about my life in general and just how I am feeling about different things.

Lately, things have been, how shall I put this...perhaps CRAZY is a good word. Today in particular, I feel free and alive and I want to dance, which is really nuts because with what some people have said about me and my family in the past week and a half, I should probably just be really angry. But I'm not. Maybe that's a sign of growth.

Today I actually feel free after learning what someone who I once considered a friend had to say about me. Crazy, right?

I know that I am a good person. I love doing things for my friends and family just because. I like making them happy. It just makes me feel good. I don't ask for anything in return, but sure, inside I hope for good things to come my way too...and maybe that's just a hug from my niece and nephew or some kind words or a thank you, but even just feeling good because I did it is a plus.

I'm not perfect. I know it, but I don't apologize for who I am. I get angry and impatient and sure, sometimes I probably think I'm better than someone else, but under it all, I still think I'm a good person.

For now I'm going to end this by reposting what I said on Facebook, which apparently made an impact on a few people as they shared it on their pages too (and that made me feel really good) and what led Chrissy to encourage me to re-start this Blog.


I do things for people because I want to, not because I have to. It's who I am. But when you come to expect things and/or use underhanded tactics to make sure you come out on top, I no longer want to do anything for you. I will continue to do things for those who appreciate my generosity.


Love to all my friends and family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment