Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday, August 29

So here we are at the start of a very busy weekend. I have to work job #2 this afternoon and won't be home until late and then I'm working all day tomorrow. After work, I'm heading down to spend the night near my parents so that I can drive them into Boston for my Mom's surgery first thing Monday morning.

As you can probably guess, that means this is going to be a very stressful couple of days. I am making breakfast right now. I need a good one to keep me going today. I know I could do better in the "healthy" department, but I haven't had time to hit the grocery store and it's not terrible. I am having bacon, eggs (I sprayed the pan with non-stick spray - no fat) and a lightly grilled bagel (no butter).

As for the bacon, I'm sorry, but unless someone finds me an amazingly delicious turkey bacon, I'm sticking with the real stuff. I tried the Butterball and I just don't like the stuff. I love Butterball turkey, but the turkey bacon just doesn't do it for me.

You may be wondering why I never mention what I'm drinking. That's because I drink water all day long. The only other thing I drink is tea - either unsweetened or with a little bit of Splenda.

My plan for the rest of the day is to bring some fruits and veggies with me to work. I have an orange to bring. And I was thinking that I'd take the cucumber, tomato and onion that I have and chop those up and mix them together into something of a rough salsa. I also have some tortilla's that I might bake up to make my own tortilla chips and then use those as my lunch/dinner. The bagel/egg/bacon breakfast will get me through a good chunk of the day so I won't really need to eat before I get to work and then I only get 1/2 hour break for dinner, so I thought that was a good option. I will also grab a package of peanut butter crackers to take with me so I'll have a protein option should I need it.

Back to what I mentioned in my intro post a couple days ago, where I mentioned my age and my weight. Shocking, I know. Well, I have two mottos right now. They are:

(1) I'm not going on a diet. I'm changing my diet. I'm doing this one day at a time and starting off making small challenges. Next week, when things hopefully calm down, and the weather cools a bit, I'm planning on getting out and walking again.

(2) If I wanted to stop having birthdays, I'd have to die and I'm not ready to die yet so I plan to celebrate every single one of them. I want 40 to be spectacular. A new beginning. And I plan to celebrate in a BIG way while being smaller (and healthier) than I've ever been.


Check in with me again on Monday when I update you on exactly how the weekend worked out. So glad that next weekend, I have 3 whole days off!!! Not working at either job. That is my reward for all the stresses this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment