Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday, August 28

Yesterday started out ok when it came to food. I had my regular english muffin and hard boiled egg breakfast. Mid-morning snack was granola clusters and a pluot. (If you don't know what a pluot is, it's a cross between a plum and an apricot - pretty good.) Lunch was veggies - cucumbers, orange bell pepper and avocado. That was good. Then the dilemma of what to have for dinner. This wouldn't really be a problem except that I was going from job 1 right to job 2, and didn't really have anything at home that I could take with me. And I still have something like 12 points for the day. Well...I ended up hitting the McDonald's drive-thru.

This is where my problem lies. When I work both jobs, I don't have much time for dinner, so it's usually dinner on the run. But I need to start planning something and bringing it with me. Not only will I eat healthier, but I should save some money too and we all know that is important, especially since my second goal is to pay off all my debt.

Today is Friday and Friday means bagels, pastries and fruit at work. I stay away from the pastries, but I just know I can't stay away from the bagels. So it's a bagel w/honey walnut spread (reduced fat) and fruit. Plus I brought a hard-boiled egg so I could get in my protein.

This is going to be a rough weekend for me. I'm working pretty much all day tomorrow and all day Sunday. Then Sunday night I'm heading to a hotel near my parents because very early Monday morning I have to drive my Mom into Boston for surgery. This schedule means it will be really difficult to get any grocery shopping and menu planning done. But I'm going to do my best to eat healthy and get in some exercise. At least working means I'll be on my feet and walking around the store a lot.

Sorry if this blog is starting off so dull. I'm much more entertaining than this, but I'm tired and a bit stressed. I promise it will get better.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Girl, you are very brave and I am proud that you are writing about your battles with your weight. I too feel the struggle and I have been going to WW for ten years, religously! I will drop 50 lbs then sabatage myself into putting it right back on. I am going to keep up with you on your blog!

    ReplyDelete