Monday, April 2, 2012

Be Proud of Yourself!

I typed this up a while ago, but for some reason, it was never published.  So here it is now.

When we were kids, wasn't it the best feeling ever when someone said they were proud of you, especially your parents? And it was absolutely devastating when they said they were "disappointed" in you.
But lately I've realized that I am proud of myself and I think that is even better. I'm not claiming that I'm prefect and I don't expect anyone to gush over me, but I am proud of the person that I have become. I didn't follow the pack. I made my own path. I've made mistakes, but I've taken responsibility for them and I've corrected them or overcome them.
And sometimes, hoping for someone else's approval is a complete waste of time. Because no matter what you do, they will always find fault. But you need to look at your own accomplishments and find reasons to be proud of yourself. Do not wait for someone else to validate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment